Thursday, November 09, 2006

I'd like to be sick now, please.

Yesterday, I remembered reading that if I had sore breasts, I should wear a more supportive bra. I grabbed my most supportive bra (practically chest armor) and within a few hours, I wasn't sore at all.

So I freaked out (naturally) and will be burning my bras henceforth. All those women in history who burned bras - they weren't protesting. They were just freaking out.

In a moment of weakness, I asked for some small amount of morning sickness, or something.

Well, someone got that memo, but it appears that something got lost in translation. Around 2.00 this morning, G woke up with some serious intestinal distress. After I got his pants changed, and got him bathed, I attemped to put him back to sleep. In my bed, of course.

He laid his head down, closed his eyes and promptly threw up. In my hair.

So yeah, someone here was vomiting... but it wasn't me.

. . .


I'm still in disbelief, still paralyzed with fear. I have never in my life wished so hard that I'd feel miserable. I keep reminding myself that it's still early, there's plenty of time for this stuff to develop, but that's small comfort when I want reassurance now. I'm analyzing everything. Why are my breasts less sore today? Is that the normal cycle of symptoms or is it ominous? Was that a cramp? My hpt looked pretty light - is that a problem?

This is a very long road, and I have just enough knowledge to be terrified scared.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor G. And poor you. I got sneezed on (four times) by P this morning, but that's nothing compared to having a small child vomiting all over you.

I won't say relax, because that doesn't work before or after conception, but I hope that there's no reason to be concerned. It's easy to understand why you're freaked out, especially since you've had a miscarriage. It's incredibly hard to wait for 7 weeks. Will you be having any betas?

~r said...

No betas planned. I thought about calling back and demanding some for my own peace of mind but I haven't done that yet.

I keep reminding myself it's only 2-and-a-half weeks til my ultrasound. That's really not that long. In theory.

Kris said...

Congratulations. I hope G is feeling better and you start feeling a little worse- but just with minor morning sickness. Just enough to be relieved.

Krista said...

Hey Congratulations, I somehow missed your last post. I am very excited for you.

I am pregnant with twins and only had morning sickness for one week, starting around 6.5 weeks. I guess what I'm saying is that you could have no symptoms and everything could be absolutely fine. But I won't tell you not to worry cause I have seen heartbeats and I still can't acomplish that.

I am hoping for you though and again, congrats!