Thursday, November 16, 2006

If you need me, I'll be hiding in the closet.

I am convinced that whatever deity or power is out there really does have a hell of a sense of humor.. and similar to the old horror stories of my childhood, many times wishes can be granted only at a price...

The other day, mid-major-freakout, I wished I wasn't worrying quite so much about what was going on in my uterus.

Well... I got that wish.

Now, I'm paranoid about tornadoes. Paranoid, as in crying and hyperventilating during bad weather. Man, I hate to admit that, but it's true.

We've been under a tornado watch since before I woke up this morning. It's mid-afternoon and there are still three hours to go. Three hours til I can relax and disconnect myself from the streaming radar on both websites I am obsessively checking. (because you can never create enough panic from just one site).

This isn't exactly a rational fear - I can't remember the last time we actually had a tornado in my city... but each and every time there's a storm, I'm convinced it's coming. My nerves have been shot and on edge all day.... and it has just now started raining. Really, I'm the only person I know who can have a near-panic attack about the weather under a blue sky.*

I probably should have asked for less worry overall. Not just less reproductive worry.

Still, I haven't worried about my uterus all day.

So that part is good.



*I swear to you, this has happened in the past.

No comments: