Thursday, July 20, 2006

B's Mojo

I'm not a disciplinarian. Grape knows this, and runs amok with little fear of retribution. He knows that B is really the one he needs to worry about when he's misbehaving. Apparently, my girlparts know this also. I have proof:

My cycles are irregular, but generally predictable. Either I'll have a 35-40 day cycle, or a monster cycle (90-100 or so days). I have never had one of those three-month cycles while B was home. I know now that those cycles are my ovaries thumbing their cystic little noses at me, secure in the knowledge that I am powerless, and the B in Charge is miles away. I don't think it's coincidence that I planned most of my IF testing for last year, while B was deployed. Consciously, I did it because it was the only 'progress' I could make. Subconsciously, I knew it was because the girls would misbehave badly enough that my doctor would take note. Mice playing when the cat's away and all that.

BUT, my final proof came this week. AF showed up, nearly a full week early... just a few short days after B gave his ultimatum suggested date of insemination. I counted, and the one day that B suggested, is day13. Day 14 is when my doc usually does an insemination*, but that is a Sunday. No inseminations on Sundays, so they do 'em the day before... on B's suggested date.

How the hell does he do that?




*of course, that is dependent on whether or not my complacent (ha!) ovaries are ready, but thus far, after three months of clomid, they have always been ready at my day12-or-13 ultrasound.

No comments: