Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Swimming in the unknown and hatin' it

I'm trying something new this month - I'm not charting my temps.

It started because I was lazy, continued because I couldn't find my thermometer.. I got an extension on not temping when I just plain forgot, and then we were out of town and I didn't want to deal with it.

I have not taken one single temperature this cycle.

It's making me nuts.

I don't know if I ovulated yesterday. I'm feeling ovulation pain, but that's not a guarantee. Judging on the quality of the twinges, I ovulated some time last night while I was sleeping. Or maybe I'll ovulate later today. This isn't ovulating now pain, it's either almost-there or already-done pain.

You can see my dilemma, I'm sure.

Control freaks hate not knowing.

Fun times, my friends, fun times.

DocNH, when you told me taking my BBT would make me nuts, did you consider the alternative?

3 comments:

DD said...

I'm impressed, but if you have normal cycles your thermometer is really just something you could blame Infertility OCD on, which we all have in some form or another.

Anonymous said...

You could always take it tomorrow and see if it's up to where it would normally be post-ovulatory. I haven't taken my temperature in about a year (because Clomid makes it look like the Rockies--it's completely useless) but I still sometimes think "Well, maybe I'll take it tomorrow and see where I am in my cycle." Even though I use my monitor and always know.

IF OCDs. It's amazing what we do on a daily basis, isn't it?

~r said...

I keep saying I'm going to start temping again.... tomorrow.

And I think OCD is a perfect way to describe it. When I wake up and realize (too late) that I haven't taken my temp again, I feel a little like Rain Man freaking out over missing Wapner.