Monday, September 25, 2006

Still not tonight dear, I'm f'ing tired.

I have so much hope for this cycle that I seem to have abandoned the BMD.

Oh, not entirely, I'm still not back to my Dew (my blessed, beautiful Dew that I miss so much)... choosing instead to substitute with diet (caffeine free!) soda of the variety that my parents used to drink. I hated it then and I hate it now. So much that I don't even like to drink it. The bonus to that is I'm hardly drinking any soda, which is probably a good thing, but let me tell you, the entertainment value of my food consumption is roughly equal to watching grass grow.

However, in the last week, I did consume way too many cinnamon rolls, and last night I made chocolate mousse.

Can I get bonus "effort points" for skipping fruit juice (which is bad-bad-bad according to the evil nutritionist) and maintaining my two-fruit-a-day maximum? evil nutritionist appears to have an anti-fruit bias, although he covered it up well with an explanation of the process by which the body metabolizes fruit sugars differently. whatever, I know he was evil and just making me cry wasn't enough - he had to take away my second-favorite food group also.. since, you know, I'd already laid off the Dew and he couldn't take my most favorite food group

At any rate, I'm doing a sort of cafeteria low-carb-ness lately. I'll have diet soda with my mousse and consider that even enough to cancel each other out.

But my big development is kicking the caffeine habit. I've backslid a little, but mostly I've given it up.

Did I mention that B has recently returned from Colombia? With coffee beans? Yeah, you know that sucks.

.. and we're now a one-car family and I'm dragging my arse out of bed at the crack of dawn to take the hubby to work.

I checked with Dr Google last night* and found two things - caffeine is bad in pregnancy, but fine while trying.... unless you're fertility-challenged... in which case you must give up caffeine for not only the nine months or so during which you have a successful pregnancy, but also the months (years) prior to that.

Fucking great. Take away my ability to conceive on demand AND my ability to stay awake past the G's bedtime. I suppose the Cosmic Gods of Reproduction figure that since we haven't had so much luck with that whole sex thing lately, we don't need it at all.

Thanks. Thanks a lot. B sends extra thanks.



bonus blog footage: second mid-scan is today. temp dropped in a BIG way this morning... partly, I'm sure, due to the obscenely early hour at which I took that temp, but possibly also partly my normal pre-O dip... I have visions of ovulating in the middle of my wanding, and while it would be interesting as hell to have DocP freaking out Mrs B, you appear to have lost a follicle.. this must be some vanishing follicle syndrome, rare and never-before-discovered, I'm not so sure that would make up for missing our IUI this cycle.




*after my consultation about the preferable abstinence period prior to IUI failed to give me the information I wanted - namely, that we were good to go then... It's a cruel, cruel sort of irony that the only time my body can get over its hormonally-induced lack of sex drive is the only time when I can't actually have sex.

No comments: