Thursday, August 10, 2006

12dpo

... and seriously insane.

My temp didn't drop today. Since Clomid entered my life, my luteal phase has gone from 14-15 days down to 12-13, and always always with a 2-day drop at the end. I have managed to write off my lack of a temp drop as the effect of the estrogen I took earlier this cycle. Dr Google is seriously holding out on me with this one, so I'm making it up as I go - here's my theory: clomid affected my uterine lining (this part I know for sure). Somehow, that thinner endometrium caused the shorter LP. Since I took estrogen to combat this, my LP has gone back to normal... which means my temp will drop either tomorrow or Saturday. Anyone with a link or info on how estrogen taken before ovulation affects a luteal phase, drop me a line - I can't find a damn thing and it's irritating me.

I'm still getting queasy in the afternoons (not mornings, because this is not morning sickness), but I've managed to find the cause - apparently my metformin is now making me sick. Either that or it's nerves that coincidentally occur after I take my met. Still, nausea is a listed side effect of met. Although apparently developing new nausea after the initial break-in period can be a sign of lactic acidosis. Everybody breathe a small sigh of relief with me here - this is something serious enough to distract me from the 2WW-from-hell.

My mood swings are starting to reach into the spectrum of "mentally ill", they're so sudden and extreme. This one, I am sure is just nerves.

But these are not - NOT - symptoms.

And the fact that I slept for 11 hours last night and still want a nap now. Stress-related. Absolutely.

Remember back when I wrote that I deny symptoms. And can find a rational way to excuse away anything? Yeah.

1 comment:

BigP's Heather said...

I hope it isn't lactic acidosis though.

Aren't the head games the best? It is amazing how we can entertain ourselves for hours on end - ok, let's not kid ourselves, DAYS on end - with these games?

I'm still keeping my fingers/toes/legs/arms crossed for you!!